Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Snow Day and a Few Polka Dots!

We woke up to more snow than we've had in one day in years!  All the schools are closed, so the kids are having a great day playing with their neighbor friends! (and I've been sneaking in a little painting! :)  )

The girls love to dress up and change outfits about a million times.  Here they are in their pajama ensembles!

Some time back I found this great chalkboard at the thrift store.  I've been wanting to cuten it up by adding my favortive~ polka dots!  I grabbed one of the kids' round wooden blocks and dipped it in some pretty red paint. 
       
                                  I filled the polka dots in where needed with a little paintbrush. 

                                     Now we are using it for our countdown to Christmas! 
(Yes, the crooked writing DOES bug me, but I am not redoing it~ I always try to remember the Nester's words, "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful!"  That little quote saves me alot of time!)  :)

9 comments:

Ali Richardson said...

Jealous! That's one thing us California folk don't know much about - snow days. I am a true beach girl, but being warm and cozy with my fam when it's all white and sparkly outside sure does sound dreamy :)

Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack said...

How fun! I want come play in the snow. It's cold enough here but no white stuff, yet. The girls are so cute in their P.J's! What a sweet post! Love the polka dots!

Happy snow day!

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

Very cute, Kim. I love the snow and can't wait until we get the first big blast! Looks like the kiddies are really enjoying it!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

snow day???? wow! looks like fun! that chalboard is adorable, too! oh how i want to go sledding soon!

Artichoke Alley said...

Very cute! The kids and the chalkboard!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Snow days are the best! Love your Christmas countdown chalkboard!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

We had a dusting today and layed for a little but it's gone now...glad your kids got to have some fun.

The chalkboard is adorable and thanks for reminding me of the Nester's quote♥

Rondell

Tyla said...

Well, aren't you clever! Looks like I'm going to have to steal that idea. :)

Suzanne said...

Love the pictures!! Snow days don't come that often so I'm glad they had a full day of fun!! Now what are you going to do with the countdown chalk board? Merry Christmas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...