I found some mistinted Zissner primer for $5 that almost perfectly matched my Woodlawn Charm color.
I had seen dressers with a stencil painted across the front and thought I would do my own version. I didn't have a stencil, but my "design" ha ha was quite simple, so I just freehanded it. Here is how it turned out:
I used a piece of chalk to draw the flower. This works great because if you don't like what you have drawn, just wipe it off with a damp cloth and start over! I added a bit of white to some of the Woodlawn Charm to lighten it up, then used a small paint brush and brushed it right over the top of the chalk. After the design dried, I just wiped off the remaining chalk with a damp cloth. Easy Peasy!
Next I distressed the edges with an 80 grit sandpaper. Then I took a piece of 220 grit and went over the distressed edges again with it. It takes a little extra time, but the distressed edge just looks a little more natural and rubbed in.
After that, it was 2 coats of Minwax Wipe-On Poly~
I lined the drawers with some super cute coordinating paper I found at Hob Lob.
I also had a desk that I found previously at a yard sale.
I gave it the same treatments as the dresser~
I used my chalk and lightened paint to make the flowers~
I also lined the desk drawers just like the dresser~
I finished this nightstand I found at my favorite thrift store like the other 2 pieces to complete this set. Here is the before~
I added some little flowers and swirlies~
and, of course, lined the drawer.
Here are all 3 pieces together. I sold them as a set.
This is my little Maya!