Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Side Table

This is one of the pieces I found at a fab yard sale for $5 about 3 weeks ago. There was a missing piece of wood on the bottom of the front left leg~ looks like one of the kids snuck into the pic.  :)


After sanding, priming, painting (Valspar Woodlawn Charm), glazing (RL Black), and Minwax rub on poly, here is the finished product!  I REALLY liked the rub on poly - love the no brush marks or spray on issues. 

I spray painted the handles a hammered brown.  Here are some more pics!




I thought I'd try to do a little staging with the piece for pictures before I listed it on Craigslist.  After trying a few different plants, etc., my son, Zach came up with this:

He's a keeper!!!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

This is a fabulous colour! I really like how the hardware turned out.

Between Blue and Yellow said...

Looks so pretty! I just did a dresser in a similar color.
http://btweenblueandyellow.blogspot.com/2010/10/petite-dresser.html

Allison said...

You did a very nice job! Great color!

Cassie Bustamante said...

it looks gorgeous! you did a fantastic job distressing and antiquing it. and hte little mermaid is just the right accent for it. ;)
thanks for joining my party!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...