After sanding, I drug the desk inside to be primed since it's SO cold here! Maya really wanted to help! Don't worry, we were using the Kilz Clean Start 0 VOC primer for this project! :)
I decided to finish up the last of my turquoise paint. There was just enough! I know, SOOO 2010! :)
I used my little roller that has been hanging out in the fridge since before Christmas (just wrapped in a sandwich bag and a plastic sack).
After two coats of the turquoise I glazed with RL black~ (of course!)
I finished it off with two coats of Minwax Wipe-On Poly.
The inside of the drawers were painted the same color, and then lined with my favorite wrapping paper from Hob Lob~
Mod Podge tips here.
The seriously ugly wooden pulls were replaced with these cuties from HL (1/2 price!)~
I had to drill 21 new holes for these babies. My husband bought me my very own set of drill bits. They are just for wood and have a tip that digs into the wood just a little so that the bit doesn't walk around when drilling~
The screws needed primed and sprayed black. My assistant, Maya, put the screws in styrofoam to make spraying a cinch!
Let's have a look at the before~
Here's the desk, all fancied up~
A little peek inside~