Craigslist finds have been a BIG bummer lately, so as I was haphazardly scanning through the pics, I couldn't believe this sweet dresser and nightstand set that had just been posted~
I really like these little things!
I've been priming most of my pieces with this spray Kilz lately because my spray gun lays down a coat that is equal to about 2 regular coats. It seemed like a waste of primer. That, and it's easier, too! :)
After a light sanding, I sprayed on some "Embellished Blue," a Home Depot color that Sherwin-Williams color matched for me.
I heavily distressed these guys, so I had lots of bare wood exposed. I picked up some stain that matched the original wood color. It was called English Chestnut.
When I brushed the stain over the distressed edges, it looked so much better! I decided to just wipe it all over the whole thing, rather than using glaze to antique.
Using stain to age a piece is alot quicker and less messy than glaze. The effect is just a little bit different.
I gave them a couple of coats of wipe on poly. The tops also got a coat of wax, just to give them a nice even finish.
Here's a before of the dresser~
Here is the set all fixed up~
Thanks for stopping by!