This is another CL find that my husband picked up for me on his way home from work~
The backing to the hutch was missing, and the very top of the hutch blew off somewhere on I-84 on it's way to my house. :) I went to Home Depot and found what I needed to replace both sections. It's super handy because they will cut your stuff to the needed measurements for you on their fancy machine for free! Lowe's does it, too!
After a little sanding, I rolled primer on the big flat sections and left the other parts bare. I wanted this piece to be really chippy, and I've found that it's hard to accomplish that with the primer.
I sprayed on "Powdered Snow" in Behr's Ultra.
After the paint was nice and dry, I wiped the vaseline off. I'll have to admit I got a tad bit carried away with the vaseline this time and had to go back and paint over some of the overly chippy areas. One of the drawbacks to using the vaseline is you can't see what the distressing looks like until you've painted and then wiped away the paint that's over the vaseline.
I also used sandpaper and razor blades to add some more distressing.
Next I used my brush to apply RL Tea-Stained glaze~
I gave the whole thing a nice coat of Minwax Finishing Wax~
Here's another look at my pathetic, blurry before pic~
Here it is now, all finished up~ Warning....it's VERY chippy! :)
Have a nice weekend!